Friday, September 23, 2011

October Newsletter- Staff Corner

Welcome to the Staff Corner!

For the next several newsletters, we will feature members of our staff to give you an opportunity to learn more about your child's teachers.

Ms. Hilary, Cook
Hilary has worked in professional kitchens for 3 years, first at Hume Lake Christian Camp in her home state of California, and now at Sunshine School for about 6 months.

What is the best part of her job? "I love to be creative with the food I make, continually learning how to mix flavors together; and making as much as I can from scratch is a lot of fun for me... Even though I cook all day, I do still love to cook and bake during my free time as well."

Mrs. Talissyn, Wobbler Teacher

"I think I'll be a pro at potty-training by the time I have kids!"

Originally from the cornfields of Flora, Indiana, Talissyn graduated from Moody Bible Institute in Chicago with a degree in Urban Ministry. Prior to working at Sunshine, she spent 2 years nannying for kids ranging from 9 months to 10 years old. Over the last year and 4 months, she has spent her days with the wobblers.

What's the best part of her job? "How excited the kids get about the little things, like blowing bubbles and getting to color with markers."

Ms. Amanda, Preschool Teacher
Ms. Amanda has been substitute teaching at Sunshine for 1 1/2 years, and recently she became our full-time 3 1/2- 4 1/2 teacher. Before working at Sunshine, Amanda was a babysitter and nanny for 10 years, a summer break preschool teacher near her home in Reno for 2 years, and a Sunday school teacher and volunteer for her church youth group. This spring, she completed her Bachelor's in Biblical Studies and Youth Ministry at Multnomah University.

The best part of her new job? "The joy that the kids have is likely my favorite thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment